Everybody wants to have a perfect smile but most do not because of some problem or the other. This is why, in recent years, more and more people have started seeking help from cosmetic dentists. Visiting reliable cosmetic dentistry in Canberra is literally the best way of getting that beautiful and sparkling smile you so desired. The best cosmetic dentists would not only help you in figuring out the right treatment for the job but would also explain the need for the same and how they would go forward with the treatment. For those, who’ve never had the pleasure of undergoing cosmetic dental treatment, here are a few of the most common treatments that are bound to put a smile on your face.
6 common cosmetic dental treatments people get done
- Teeth whitening: This is pretty self-explanatory, though it is also known as teeth bleaching. The procedure brightens up your teeth and protects them from discoloration or staining. The best thing about the procedure is that it’s fairly common and is perhaps the easiest way of altering your smile. This is especially great for people who do not want to make a huge commitment and are too shaky about cosmetic procedures in general.
- Dental veneers: Veneers are thin shells made from porcelain or some composite material. They are custom-made and are fixed in front of the tooth. These are perfect for people who seek some solution for their slight dental imperfections, such as chipped teeth, slightly crooked teeth, or spaces in between their teeth. So, veneers cover the visible flaws of the teeth. They are popular because they can last quite a long and blend seamlessly with other teeth.
- Dental crowns: These are small cap-like structures placed atop a damaged tooth. Much like dental veneers, these can be used for covering teeth that are damaged, decayed, chipped, or misshapen. Cosmetic dental crowns, used widely in the world of cosmetic dentistry in Canberra, are made from ceramic, porcelain, or ceramic or porcelain fused with metal to offer a fair amount of biting pressure. If taken proper care of, they can last 15-20 years.
- Teeth shaping: As the name implies, teeth shaping or enamel shaping is associated with reshaping the tooth, by removing or filing some of the tooth enamel off. It is a painless treatment/ procedure, and the results are visible almost immediately. It is a highly effective treatment that uses an electric device to reshape the poorly shaped tooth.
- Tooth bonding: This is another process usually performed on chipped, stained, or broken teeth. In this, a tooth-colored material is attached or bonded to the affected tooth. The procedure is suited for people who are probably looking for a quick fix – one that significantly alters their smile and boosts their confidence level.
- Invisalign braces: There’s a common misconception among people that braces are for children but that couldn’t be further from the truth. These days, an increasing number of adults are getting braces to fix their smiles. If you’ve not guessed it already, these are called so because no one can tell that you’re actually wearing braces. These are of great help to people to correct the misalignment of their teeth and are worth every penny.
Opting for cosmetic dentistry in Canberra
To know more about cosmetic dental treatments that you can have done to fix some of your problems associated with teeth, reach out to a reliable dental clinic in Canberra. While it’s true that most people get through their entire life just fine without ever getting judged based on their smile, the world is rapidly changing and in these changing times, looks and presentation hold the key to everything. This is why more and more people have started resorting to cosmetic dental treatments. So, whether you seek a bright white smile, get the misshapen teeth aligned, or want to fix your chipped tooth, find a reliable and professional dental clinic that can handle it all. However, do not over-extend yourself. Most such treatments aren’t overly pricey, and thus, try to find a clinic where they’re willing to work within your budget or at least offer competitive rates.